Original antique steel engraved map.
With original hand-colour.
Published by John Tallis, 1860.
A decorative and detailed mid 19th century map which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin with vignette engravings by N. Whittock and J. Rogers. Published in 1860.
Tallis set up as a publisher with Frederick Tallis in Cripplegate in 1842. The business moved to Smithfield in 1846, and was dissolved in 1849. From 1851 to 1854 Tallis operated as John Tallis & Company.